Summer 2020 WORKSHOPS
CALM (Coping with Anxiety and Living Mindfully)
Thursdays 1:00-1:50 PM, May 28 - June 11
This workshop requires a referral from a counselor. If interested, please contact CAPS to schedule an appointment to discuss your interest.
This three-module workshop aims to help you understand anxiety symptoms and build skills to manage these symptoms, creating your own individualized coping plan in the process. The modules include: (1) understanding anxiety, (2) introducing a method for slowing down and disentangling the experience of anxiety, and (3) developing alternative responses to anxiety.
Workshop Leader: Libby Malone, Ph.D.
Sport Psych Lunchtime Workshop Series
Wednesdays 12:00 - 1:00 PM, May 20 - June 24
- 5/20: Coping with Stress, Anxiety, & Uncertainty
- 5/27: Motivation
- 6/3: Building Resilience through Mindfulness
- 6/10: Mental Health 101 & How to Provide Support to Teammates/Friends
- 6/17: The Science of Sleep & Performance
- 6/24: Self-Care & Self-Compassion
You may access through this link https://uncc.webex.com/uncc/j.php?MTID=m9b41fcc4cfd61aaadaed1102947a8ef4
Or by dialing 1-415-655-0002 and entering meeting ID 618 668 426
Workshop Leader: Taryn Brandt, Ph.D.