OUTspoken is a UNC Charlotte speaker’s series created to focus on Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ) issues. Bringing distinguished LGBTQ speakers to the UNC Charlotte campus will afford our community an opportunity to positively influence the campus climate, making it a more accepting and affirming place for LGBTQ students, faculty, staff, and community members.
The objectives of the OUTspoken speaker series are to:
- Provide a positive and affirming forum for the open discussion of LGBTQ issues.
- Support LGBTQ individuals in the Charlotte metropolitan region.
- Educate our community about homophobia, heterosexism, and advocacy for LGBTQ individuals.
- Provide LGBTQ college students and Allies with opportunities to create and deepen their ties to each other and to the LGBTQ community in the region.
- Mentor LGBTQ college students and Allies through leadership opportunities.